Health, according to the World Health Organization, is “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity”. A variety of definitions have been used for different purposes over time. Health can be promoted by encouraging healthful activities, such as regular physical exercise and adequate sleep, and by reducing or avoiding unhealthful activities or situations, such as smoking or excessive stress. Some factors affecting health are due to individual choices, such as whether to engage in a high-risk behavior, while others are due to structural causes, such as whether the society is arranged in a way that makes it easier or harder for people to get necessary healthcare services. Still other factors are beyond both individual and group choices, such as genetic disorders.
Now Read Carefully details
Make these 3 cinnamon baked treats this Christmas and we bet you’ll be overloaded with compliments! You’ll know if you try.
Christmas bells are ringing and you must be busy setting plans, deciding your holiday outfit and decorating the house for a perfect festive season. While you may have a lot to do, we are extending our help in making your Christmas a jolly one! If you are one of those who love to indulge in beverages and desserts flavoured with cinnamon, we have some healthy and quick-to-make cinnamon recipes for this holiday season.
Cinnamon or dalchini is a favourite kitchen staple in Indian households, and for a good reason. Cinnamon has umpteen benefits when it comes to your health. While festivals tend to overdo your sugar consumption, cinnamon is one such ingredient that is proven to manage your blood sugar.Other than giving your baked goods an aromatic and warm flavour, cinnamon can reduce pains, respiratory problems and improve digestion because it’s packed with antioxidants and flavonoids.
Now you know about all the goodness of this cupboard spice, it is time to pull out your baking supplies and channel the ‘patissier’ in you.
Now that you know, wear a festive apron and let’s get to baking!
Cinnamon Walnut Rolls
The first recipe that is loved by all and super easy to make is cinnamon rolls. To make a healthy version of it, we have tweaked some ingredients with a high nutritional value.
2 cups toasted walnuts
¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
10 pieces of dough sheets
½ cup melted butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup honey
½ cup Water
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Mix walnuts, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl
- Now comes the fun part, place a sheet of dough and brush it with warm butter.
- You can make your fresh dough and roll it into sheets if you don’t get one in your supermarket.
- Sprinkle the walnut and cinnamon mix on the buttered sheet.
- Place another buttered dough sheet to cover it.
- Roll gently and cut the roll into 3 parts.
- Transfer the rolls to a greased baking tray
- Bake them for 12-14 minute or until light brown
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough sheets and walnut cinnamon mix.
- To prepare the syrup, heat a saucepan over medium flame.
- Add all the syrup ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cool it down.
- Drizzle it with love on all your walnut cinnamon rolls and enjoy the yummy treat!
Sweet potato cinnamon bread
You can effortlessly source the ingredients for this one. Since it’s winter, sweet potatoes are loaded everywhere in the market. This veggie is deemed as a superfood due to its low calorie and high fiber quotient. Well, the benefits don’t end here! It contains high quantities of vitamins A and C too. Trust us, sweet potatoes and cinnamon are a match made in heaven!
3 ½ cups of all purpose/ oatmeal flour
2 cups sugar
½ baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp finely ground cinnamon
1 tsp all-spice mix (optional)
2 cups sweet potatoes
½ cup raisins
½ cup peeled and chopped almonds
⅔ cup milk
⅔ cup oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients togetherIn another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and sweet potatoes. Fold in almonds and raisins in the same mix.
- Pour the contents into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix following the fold and cut technique
- Transfer the mix into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for up to 30-40 minutes.
- Let it cool down in the pan.
- Demould on a cooling rack and cut into loafs
- Enjoy it fresh with hot cocoa.
Cinnamon swirl apple pie
The sweetness of apples and the spicy flavour of cinnamon is what dreams are made of. This scrumptious dish is the perfect crowd pleaser and can be the hero dessert of your evening! Let’s get into it:
1 ⅓ Whole wheat flour
¼ cup sugar
¼ tsp Cinnamon powder
¼ tsp Salt
¼ cup chilled butter
2 tbsp water
2 cups peeled crisp apples
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 ½ tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 250°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon powder and salt. Add in chilled butter to it.
- Sprinkle the water into the mix and fold using a spoon
- Using your hands, roll a firm dough.
- Roll the dough by placing it between two sheets of plastic wrap. Use cooking oil to avoid sticking.
- Place the rolled dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the rolled dough on a pie tin and press in gently to flute the edges.
- Toss the peeled apples in a bowl and pour lemon juice over them.
- Now mix sugars and flour and toss it thoroughly.
- Pour the apple mix into the uncooked pie crust.
- Put tiny butter cubes all over the pie
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Demould it once it cools down in the tin
- Cut into slices and enjoy with your drinks
The pull apart flaky texture, buttery flavour and nutrient-rich goodness in these dishes will make them melt in your mouth minus the guilt.
Enjoy and share these amazing Christmas desserts with your friends and family and get loaded with heaps of praises!
Disclaimer Of https://thewomeninterest.com/
It must be agreed that the use of https://thewomeninterest.com/ website shall be at the user’s sole risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, https://thewomeninterest.com/, its directors, employees, and agents will make no representations about the exactness of the website’s content or the content of any sites linked to the website of. https://thewomeninterest.com/ assumes:
no liability or responsibility for any errors, or inaccuracies,
personal injury or any damage to property resulting from the user’s access to and use of the website,
any interruption or cessation of transmission in relation to our website,
any bugs, Trojan horses, or viruses, which may be transmitted through the website or by any third party
any omissions or errors in content by way of content posted, transmitted, or emailed.
https://thewomeninterest.com/ does not guarantee, endorse, or assume responsibility for any product or service offered by a third party through the https://thewomeninterest.com/ website or any hyperlinked website or other advertising, and https://thewomeninterest.com/ will not be in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between the user and the third-party providers of services or products. The user should use his/her best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate. https://thewomeninterest.com/’s website may include hyperlinks to other websites owned or operated by parties other than us. https://thewomeninterest.com/ will not be held responsible for the exactness or availability of such other websites. Any inclusion of the hyperlink does not refer to any endorsement or recommendation of the content on such third-party websites.
It is reiterated that not all treatments that appear here at https://thewomeninterest.com/ website have been proven on a scientific basis. The information available on this site should in no way replace the advice of a doctor. https://thewomeninterest.com/ does not assume responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided here.
Please check with a professional or doctor before using any of the suggestions mentioned. https://thewomeninterest.com/ respects the intellectual property of others, and we request our users to do the same. https://thewomeninterest.com/ bears no responsibility for the content on other websites that the user may find while using Thewomeninterest.com products or services.