There has been a great deal of buzz as of late around the kinds of robots, their capacities, their capacities and how they can help people. Mechanical technology impact each part of work and home, changing individuals’ day to day routines and work practices to raise security and proficiency. In light of their great many applications and assortments, robots’ business and modern worth will flood before long. Be that as it may, have you at any point pondered the sorts of robots utilized in our day to day routines? Then let us investigate this article for more data
Best & Different Types Of Robots
The robot system that helps streamline hospital logistics, enable providers to give more direct attention to patients, assist with surgery are called medical and healthcare robots. Some of the examples of Medical robots are:
- Da Vinci surgical robots.
- Bionic prostheses.
- Robotic exoskeletons.
- Watson, the IBM question-answering supercomputer.
SaveYou can buy robots for fun or help you with chores and tasks are called Consumer robots. Examples of consumer robots are:
- Robot dog Aibo.
- Roomba vacuum.
- AI-powered robot assistants.
- Robotic kits and toys.
Robots used for physical rehabilitation and enabling paralyzed patients to walk again are called Robotic exoskeletons. They give the wearer added mobility, capacity to carry heavy loads, endurance, and some have industrial and military applications.
The robots used exclusively in several outer space missions are called Space robots, hence the name. For example:
- The texture is a robotic arm that helps install and replace small equipment such as exterior cameras or 100 kg batteries used on space stations with its design.
- It replaces Station’s electrical systems and tests new tools and robotic techniques by replacing defective components.
- Robonaut 2 carries out experiments.
- Dawn is a space exploration space bot that has orbited a dwarf planet.
- Curiosity and Perseverance – Mars rovers
Mechanical machines that can automatically perform production-related tasks in industrial environments are industrial robots. There are six types of Industrial robots, and they are:
- Articulated Robots: This robot has a mechanical configuration resembling a human arm. A twisting joint connects the arm to the base. There are two to ten rotary joints connecting the links in the arm, and it gets an additional degree of freedom with each joint.
- Cartesian: These robots use a Cartesian coordinate system with three linear joints. They can get additional rotational movement with an attached wrist. It delivers a linear motion along the axis with the help of three prismatic joints. They are also called gantry or rectilinear robots.
- SCARA: These robots are used worldwide for assembly because of unobstructed mounting and ease of use.
- Cylindrical Robots: These robots are used for spot welding, machine die castings and assembly. They have one prismatic joint connecting the links, and its base has a minimum of one rotary joint.
- Delta Robots: These robots have acute control arms that position the wrist because they use three base-mounted motors, also called “spider robots.” These robots are available in 3, 4 and 6-axis models.
- Polar Robots: These robots have a combination of two rotary joints, one linear joint where the arm is connected to the base with a twisting joint. There is a creation of a spherical-shaped work envelope with the polar coordinate system. Therefore they are also called spherical robots.
Humanoid robots can mimic human behaviour and look like humans, hence the name. These robots are designed to look like humans even have expressions by having human faces. Therefore, they can perform activities like running, carrying objects and jumping like humans. Some notable examples of Humanoid robots are:
- Surena IV from the Iranian University of Tehran.
- Sophia by Hanson Robotics.
- Atlas by Boston Dynamics.
Entertainment robots evoke an emotional response that makes us feel surprised or awe or laugh, hence the name. Some examples of entertainment robots are:
- A robot comedian, Robo Thespian.
- Navi Shaman, Disney’s theme park robots.
- Partner, musically inclined bots.
- Beijing’s National Centre for the Performing arts used four ABB robots that took the stage a few years ago.
Cobots or Collaborative robots are the kinds of robots that work in a shared environment with humans to perform tasks by operating in conjunction. For example, some cobots provide more accurate production batches because they are used for higher-quality inspection. Some examples of cobots are:
- Sawyer cobot arm helping greenhouse workers pick plants.
- Café X kiosk in Hong Kong has a Mitsubishi cobot that offers coffee.
Disaster Response Robots:
Robots that perform dangerous jobs like searching for survivors in the aftermath of an emergency and help in disaster sites are called Disaster Response Robots, hence the name. Some examples of disaster response robots or types of rescue robots are:
- Hyrodnalix’s EMILY is a 25-pound, four-foot remote-controlled robot that acts as a buoy-life boat with hybrid flotation.
- Shark Robotics’ Colossus helps haul firefighting equipment, transport wounded equipment, help in fire fighting, high-definition thermal camera to assess a scene and trigger its 360 degrees.
- Packbots were used to inspect damage at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station after an earthquake and tsunami struck Japan in 2011.
The drone is a type of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) designed to increase the capability of the launching ship without having a pilot on board. This type of robot is helping carry out many activities in several industries worldwide.
- China cleared the atmosphere of fog with the help of drones.
- DJI and Lehman Aviation Drones are used in ariel photography.
- Delivering inventory like medical kits even pizza is done with the help of drones.
Intelligent robots capable of performing tasks in the world by themselves without direct human control are called Autonomous robots. Space probes, self-driving vacuums and cars are the perfect examples of Autonomous Robots.
Autonomous robot technology has been pretty popular in cars where the vehicles are categorized based on different levels of automation. However, before considering it at the operation level, the car must meet a particular set of requirements at each level. Tesla, Waymo, Optimus Ride, Drive.ai, Zoox, and nuTonomy are building such vehicles.