Health, according to the World Health Organization, is “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity”. A variety of definitions have been used for different purposes over time. Health can be promoted by encouraging healthful activities, such as regular physical exercise and adequate sleep, and by reducing or avoiding unhealthful activities or situations, such as smoking or excessive stress. Some factors affecting health are due to individual choices, such as whether to engage in a high-risk behavior, while others are due to structural causes, such as whether the society is arranged in a way that makes it easier or harder for people to get necessary healthcare services. Still other factors are beyond both individual and group choices, such as genetic disorders.
Now Read Carefully details
It’s time to enjoy Christmas with these refreshing fruit-based mocktails that are not just delicious, but will make you forget the alcohol!
Ho ho ho! Christmas is here, and that means it’s the season to make merry and party. Most of us believe that parties are incomplete without those free-flowing cocktails and cheesy snacks, right? But how about ditching these tipples and enjoying some delicious mocktails instead? Sounds like a plan!
We got in touch with Parul Malhotra Bahl, Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator, and Founder at Diet Expression, to draw up a list of mocktails. Trust us, these are refreshing to say the least. So, sip on them and have a good time. Plus, you save up on some calories too!
1. Berry Pina Colada
150 ml crushed pineapple
50 ml coconut milk
25 ml lime juice
2 tbsp crushed frozen cherry/strawberry
1. In a mason jar, add crushed pineapple, coconut milk, lemon juice and mix well.
2. In a tall glass, put the crushed frozen berry at the bottom.
3. Add crushed ice and top it up with the pineapple coconut mix.
4. Garnish with a cherry on top and serve.
Also, read: These are 5 of the unhealthiest cocktails you can drink on New Year’s Eve
2. Pomegranate spiced tea
1/4 cup fresh pomegranate juice
1 tbsp cinnamon syrup
1 tea bag
1/2-3/4 cup water
To make the cinnamon syrup:
½ cup raw honey
4 cinnamon sticks
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. To make the cinnamon syrup, take one cup water and add half a cup raw honey, cinnamon sticks, vanilla extract and bring it to a boil.
2. Prepare the drink by adding pomegranate juice in a glass and add the cinnamon syrup.
3. Next, add the tea bag and pour hot water on top.
4. Remove the tea bag within 30 seconds and relish the cinnamon spiced pomegranate tea.
3. Cranberry ginger shrub
1 bag fresh cranberries
1 cup cider vinegar
½ cup water
½ cup raw honey
1 ½ -inch piece peeled and sliced fresh ginger
2 cinnamon sticks
Ice and club soda, for serving
1. Combine cranberries, vinegar, water, raw honey, ginger, and cinnamon in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Reduce heat and simmer until berries start to break down (10 to 15 minutes).
4. Cool it completely.
5. Strain through a fine wire- mesh strainer, mashing mixture to release liquid; discard solids and chill.
6. To serve, pour 25 ml of the mix over ice, and top it with club soda.
4. Spiced pumpkin punch
⅓ cup raw honey
1 cinnamon stick
1-inch fresh ginger sliced
½ cup fresh pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup orange juice
¾ cup lemon juice
2-3 cans ginger ale or perrier water
Apple slices, orange slices and few pom seeds for the punch
1. Here’s how to make the spiced pumpkin syrup. In a medium pot, add ⅓ cup water, honey, cinnamon, and ginger, and bring them to a boil over high heat.
2. Boil for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
3. Stir in the pumpkin and vanilla extract.
4. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a glass. Let it cool.
5. In a large pitcher, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, and pumpkin syrup. Chill until ready to serve.
6. When ready to serve, add the ice, ginger ale/perrier water, pomegranate seeds, orange slices and apple slices. Pour punch into glasses.
5. Sparkling citrus
4 cups fresh orange (blended)
4 cups lemon soda
1. In a large pitcher, stir together blended orange, lemon soda, sliced oranges, and sliced lime.
2. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Serve over ice.
Disclaimer Of https://thewomeninterest.com/
It must be agreed that the use of https://thewomeninterest.com/ website shall be at the user’s sole risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, https://thewomeninterest.com/, its directors, employees, and agents will make no representations about the exactness of the website’s content or the content of any sites linked to the website of. https://thewomeninterest.com/ assumes:
no liability or responsibility for any errors, or inaccuracies,
personal injury or any damage to property resulting from the user’s access to and use of the website,
any interruption or cessation of transmission in relation to our website,
any bugs, Trojan horses, or viruses, which may be transmitted through the website or by any third party
any omissions or errors in content by way of content posted, transmitted, or emailed.
https://thewomeninterest.com/ does not guarantee, endorse, or assume responsibility for any product or service offered by a third party through the https://thewomeninterest.com/ website or any hyperlinked website or other advertising, and https://thewomeninterest.com/ will not be in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between the user and the third-party providers of services or products. The user should use his/her best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate. https://thewomeninterest.com/’s website may include hyperlinks to other websites owned or operated by parties other than us. https://thewomeninterest.com/ will not be held responsible for the exactness or availability of such other websites. Any inclusion of the hyperlink does not refer to any endorsement or recommendation of the content on such third-party websites.
It is reiterated that not all treatments that appear here at https://thewomeninterest.com/ website have been proven on a scientific basis. The information available on this site should in no way replace the advice of a doctor. https://thewomeninterest.com/ does not assume responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided here.
Please check with a professional or doctor before using any of the suggestions mentioned. https://thewomeninterest.com/ respects the intellectual property of others, and we request our users to do the same. https://thewomeninterest.com/ bears no responsibility for the content on other websites that the user may find while using Thewomeninterest.com products or services.